8.03.2008

Update from the Waiting Room

For those who are checking relentlessly - still no baby.  Induction is scheduled for August 6, so the light is shining brightly at the end of the tunnel.  After having some relentless contractions start up for a few hours on Thursday morning, I learned at my doctor appointment that I'm no further along than last week (still 3cm, 70%).  Now, even the fake labor pains have gone away, and I think this means baby is getting as much rest as she can before taking over our lives.

The good news is that if all goes according to schedule, I'll be home in time to see the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics.  That's how I plan to spend some of my hard-earned maternity leave - watching people race for the medals while sports announcers tug at my heartstrings.  One article I read recently said that NBC is broadcasting 3600 hours of coverage, and depending on how things go with the baby, I should be awake for about 1-2% of that.  Go USA!

No comments: