7.26.2010

I Can't Argue With You Before I've Had Caffeine

Helen had a sore throat last week. She reminded me constantly that her throat hurt. No other symptoms, just that it hurt to swallow.

The next evening when I arrived to pick her up at daycare, she was still complaining and the teacher mentioned that she was running a low-grade fever. The only medicine I had in the drawer with pain reliever in it was some cold/cough medication, so I let her take a teaspoon of that.

The next morning, as we were getting ready to go, she asked for medicine.

Jennie: Helen, I'll let you have some medicine tonight if your throat still hurts. Sometimes cold medicine makes you sleepy and I don't want you to be sleepy at school.

Helen: But I'm already sleepy.

She's quick, I have to give her that.

No comments: